|Company name||Kokyo, Inc.|
|Founding||April 16th, 2009|
|Representative director||CEO Kazuhiko Sumimura (Ph.D (engneering), MBA, Achievements(in Japanese)、Facebook）|
|Capital stock||¥15,000,000 (at Dec. 2012)|
|Location||No.5 Hase Bldg. 2F, 637, Suiginya-cho, Karasuma-dori Shijo-sagaru, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, 600-8411, Japan|
Management Board of Kokyo, Inc.
CEO – Ph. D (Engineering), MBA
Specializing in fiber lasers and ultrashort pulse lasers, engaged in research and development from basics to applications. Our company was established in April 2009 with a strong desire to enrich society with light and laser technologies.
- 「Explanation Fiber Laser -Basics-」The Optronics Co., Ltd. (2011).
- doctoral dissertation「Research on high performance of Yb fiber pulse laser」
- Y. Ozeki, W. Umemura, Y. Otsuka, S. Satoh, H. Hashimoto, K. Sumimura, N. Nishizawa, K. Fukui and K. Itoh,
“High-speed molecular spectral imaging of tissue with stimulated Raman scattering,”
Nature Photonics, Vol. 6, 845 (2012).
- K. Sumimura, Y. Genda, T. Ohta, K. Itoh and N. Nishizawa,
“Quasi-supercontinuum generation using 1.06 μm ultrashort-pulse laser system for ultrahigh-resolution optical-coherence tomography,”
Opt. Lett., Vol. 35, 3631 (2010).
- K. Sumimura, T. Ohta, and N. Nishizawa”Quasi-super-continuum generation using ultrahigh-speed wavelength-tunable soliton pulses,”
Opt. Lett., Vol. 33, 2892 (2008).
CFO – Master (Engineering)
After joining Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, engaged in sales for domestic corporations and sales to foreign financial institutions. He has been involved in global planning in New York for five years and has been appointed CFO of our company.
After joining Nidec, engaged in overseas sales, mainly for North American and Taiwanese customers. He was involved in local development sales in Taiwan for 7 years, then engaged in new business in China, and became a director of our company.