Ultrashort Pulse Laser: ¥980,000 (¥880,000 without LD）
With this Mode-Locked Yb Fiber Laser Kid, you can easily build up an ultrashort pulse laser (femtosecond laser・picosecond laser) at very lower cost (￥980,000) comparing to ordinary market products costing from several million Japanese yens to ten million Japanese yens.
Because this kit is easy to build up by yourself according to the manual as if you built a plastic model, you will be able to obtain laser light source developing know how.
The Mode- Locked Yb Fiber Laser Kit includes the followings.
- a set of optical parts
- a semiconductor laser (LD) (※ without LD is also selectable)
- a simple assembly manual
This kit works on NPR (Nonlinear Polarization Rotation) as a principle of mode locking. This kit is made with optical elements being successfully used such that every optical parts are aligned with the laser beam going therethrough. The mode locking will function as early as several hours after you have received it.
Structure of the Mode-Locked Yb Fiber Laser Kit
Movie of “Mode-Locked Yb Fiber Laser Kit”
State of vertical mode at mode locking (Repetition frequency: 40 MHz)
Example 1 of Specifications
Shown at the bottom at the time of Soliton pulse mode.
Pulse width：670 fs
Center wavelength：1040 nm
Spectral width：8.0 nm
Average output：10 mW
Repetition frequency：40 MHz
Peak intensity：370 W
One example of auto-correlation waveform and spectrum at the tine of soliton pulse mode locking
Example 2 of Specifications
At the time of stretch pulse mode locking (shown at the bottom).
Pulse width: 1 ps （※62 fs with an external 1.0 um band Transmission-type pulse compressor）.
Center wavelength : 1035 nm
Spectral width : 55 nm
Average output: 100 mW
Repetition frequency : 45 MHz
Peak intensity：2.2 kW（32 kW after pulse compression）
One example of auto-correlation waveform and spectrum at the tine of stretch pulse mode lovking.
Example 3 of specifications
Pulse width : Sub ps
Center wavelength : 1055 nm（1030 ~ 1060 nm, tunable）
Spectral width: 25 nm
Average output: : 50 mW
Repetition frequency : 40 MHz
Peak intensity：several KW
State of wavelength –tuning (※Slit set for wavelength tuning is required)
Listed bellow are the research papers reporting detailed studies with mode- locked fiber laser having a structure similar to this kit. Some users customize this experimental kit to suit an laser source for use in laser microscope, OCT, laser processing, or THz. The research papers using this kit are published in
Nature Photonics which is the world’s tope level scientific journal.
- “High-speed molecular spectral imaging of tissue with stimulated Raman scattering “, Nature Photonics 6, 845–851 (2012). This kit is used.
- “Stimulated Raman hyperspectral imaging based on spectral filtering of broadband fiber laser pulses”, Optics Letters, Vol. 37, Issue 3, pp. 431-433 (2012).
- “Subharmonic Synchronization of Picosecond Yb Fiber Laser to Picosecond Ti:Sapphire Laser for Stimulated Raman Scattering Microscopy”, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 51 022702 (2012).
- “Stimulated Raman scattering microscope with shot noise limited sensitivity using subharmonically synchronized laser pulses”, Optics Express, Vol. 18, Issue 13, pp. 13708-13719 (2010).
- “Quasi-supercontinuum generation using 1.06μm ultrashort-pulse laser system for ultrahigh-resolution optical-coherence tomography”, Optics Letters, Vol. 35, Issue 21, pp. 3631-3633 (2010). The state of Soliton Self Frequency Shift
製品名Product Name：Mode-Locked Yb Fiber Laser Kit
Product Number: FL-MLYb-kit Price：¥980,000（tax-excluded）（※ ¥880,000 without LD（tax-excluded）)
Lead time: one week after receipt of order at shortest, two months after receipt of order at longest
＊A power source for a semiconductor laser (LD) is not included .
＊Payment by installments are not acceptable.
＊“Small-sized Mode-Locked Yb Fiber Kit” is recommended if you do hope a kit more closer to a finished product.
＊For getting a higher intensity, you can use this kit together with our Fiber Amplifier Kit or High Pulse Energy Type Femtosecond Regeneration Amplifying Kit.
＊Mode-Locked Fiber Laser Kits with center wavelength of 1.5 μm or 0.9 μm are also available.